The following issues are currently of particular importance to Old Milverton and Blackdown Joint Parish Council.
Green Belt Review
Warwick District Council and Coventry City Council have commissioned consultants to perform a wide-ranging review of the Green Belt in Warwickshire and Coventry. The results of this review should be published by Warwick District Council by the end of June 2015. We have been assured that this will not alter the NEW Local Plan.
We are told that “should there be a need to alter Green Belt boundaries; the review is intended to inform where this might be best done”.
We believe that the Green Belt to the North of Leamington fulfils each of the 5 criteria for Green Belt set out in the National Planning Policy Framework. Importantly the North Leamington Green Belt:
- Stops the unrestricted sprawl of Leamington Spa and Coventry
- Prevents Leamington, Kenilworth and Coventry merging in to one another
- Safeguards the countryside from encroachment
- Preserves the setting of the special character of the historic towns of Leamington Spa and Kenilworth
- Assists urban regeneration by encouraging the recycling of derelict and other urban land
We would strongly oppose any suggestion to redefine the North Leamington Green Belt.